Laura Scott is Head of Charitable Programmes at The Walt Disney Company Ltd. Laura manages the partnership at Disney, working with the charity to raise £10 million towards the hospital’s redevelopment.
This year the London Lord Mayor's Show featured a very special float celebrating the dreams of Great Ormond Street Hospital patients, from meeting One Direction to playing wheelchair basketball and even living on Mars.
The genetic cause of a rare condition which causes large moles to grow on the skin and brain before birth and which increases the risk of melanoma, has finally been identified in a study led by the UCL Institute of Child Health (ICH) and Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH).
On 5 December, charities and NGOs around the world mark International Volunteer Day, a day of recognition for the volunteers behind good causes everywhere. To celebrate, we met four Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) volunteers to talk about their work – and the wonders of life at GOSH!
The expansion and co-location of surgical services provided by a new surgery centre will enable Great Ormond Street Hospital to continue breaking down the barriers of what is possible in paediatric surgery, and to carry out more procedures, giving more children a chance at life or a higher quality of life.
The first children to receive a genetic diagnosis through the 100,000 Genomes Project have been given their results at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH), part of the North Thames Genomic Medical Centre (NTGMC).
The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, visited Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) earlier this summer as he launched new plans to improve air quality in the capital. GOSH is one of the leading centres in the country for children with complex respiratory conditions, and patients and staff at the hospital know just how important clean air is.
As the UK’s top paediatric doctors warn of the devastating impact of children swallowing button batteries, we meet some of the team from Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) who care for the patients who have suffered from this ingestion injury.