Join our team of volunteer community ambassadors
Recruitment for new Community Ambassadors is currently on hold.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, but we look forward to hearing from you soon. If you have any queries please email us on email@example.com.
Our community ambassadors are a network of volunteers representing the charity and raising awareness of work of the hospital.
Whether it's minutes or months, hours or days; the time you give really does make a difference.
This role does not involve any contact with our patients or volunteering in the hospital itself. Please contact the hospital’s volunteering team if you are seeking a role within GOSH.
Ways you can get involved
- Inspiring your family, friends, colleagues and online networks to support our work and fundraise.
- Attending cheque presentations and thanking our amazing supporters face-to-face.
- Sharing your regional knowledge to help identify future fundraising and charity partnership opportunities
- Championing Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity in your community, using your networks and contacts to spread the word and promote and inspire fundraising.
- Giving inspiring talks on the charity and work of the hospital to a variety of community groups
- Promoting, recruiting teams or volunteering at our events
What we ask of you
Our community ambassador role would suit you if you:
- are looking for a long term, varied and flexible volunteering role
- have a personal connection to the hospital (not essential) and would like to share your story
- have public speaking skills (not essential)
- enjoy fundraising and would like to connect with likeminded people.
What we offer in return
- meetings and the opportunity to meet other ambassadors and hear from guest speakers
- resources to enable you fundraise and resources to give short talks/presentations on the hospital and charity
- access to our community ambassador Facebook page where you can share stories, ideas and experiences
- ongoing support from a dedicated volunteer manager
- regular updates how your time and fundraising is making a difference
- reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses.
At GOSH Charity we strive to treat patients and their families, supporters, volunteers and anybody else involved in fundraising for the charity with fairness, respect, tact and dignity. We expect anyone involved in fundraising for GOSH Charity, or anyone representing the GOSH Charity brand, to uphold these values too.