Join our team of volunteer community ambassadors
We are looking for volunteers to join our team of amazing community ambassadors. We need people who are friends and supporters of Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH), and who can be the face of the hospital and charity in their communities.
Our community ambassadors are a network of volunteers, based mainly across the South East of England – representing the charity and raising awareness of work of the hospital.
Whether it's minutes or months, hours or days, the time you give really does make a difference.
Register your interest to join our team.
Please note this role does not involve any contact with our patients or volunteering in the hospital itself. Please contact the hospital’s Volunteering team if you are seeking a role within GOSH.
Ways you can get involved
- Inspiring your family, friends, colleagues and online networks to support our work and fundraise.
- Attending cheque presentations and thanking our amazing supporters face-to-face.
- Sharing your regional knowledge to help identify future fundraising and charity partnership opportunities
- Championing Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity in your community, using your networks and contacts to spread the word and promote and inspire fundraising.
- Giving short inspiring talks on the charity and work of the hospital to a variety of community groups (experience of public speaking is preferred). We are also seeking experienced volunteers who can assist us with delivering our 45 minute talk (supported by a PowerPoint presentation) to community groups.
- Promoting, recruiting teams or volunteering at our events like our annual RBC Race for the Kids 5k family fun run in Hyde Park in 2020.
- Placing, emptying and banking our coin collection tins located in cafes, restaurants, shops and your community.
What we ask of you
Our community ambassador role would suit you if you:
- are looking for a long term, varied and flexible volunteering role
- have a personal connection to the hospital (not essential) and would like to share your story
- have public speaking skills (not essential)
- enjoy fundraising and would like to connect with likeminded people.
What we offer in return
- quarterly meetings in the hospital and the opportunity to meet other ambassadors and hear from guest speakers
- resources to enable you fundraise and resources to give short talks/presentations on the hospital and charity
- access to our community ambassador Facebook page where you can share stories, ideas and experiences
- tours of the hospital
- ongoing support from a dedicated volunteer manager
- regular updates how your time and fundraising is making a difference
- reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses.
At GOSH Charity we strive to treat patients and their families, supporters, volunteers and anybody else involved in fundraising for the charity with fairness, respect, tact and dignity. We expect anyone involved in fundraising for GOSH Charity, or anyone representing the GOSH Charity brand, to uphold these values too.