BMW Berlin Marathon 2023
24 Sep 2023
Run, New Year New You
Fundraising pledge: £1,000
Registration fee: £25 + accommodation costs (Use code NY50 for 50% off your registration fee)
Take a trip to Germany and run through one of the world's most iconic cities as you take on this marathon.
The BMW Berlin Marathon
As one of the six Abbott World Marathon Majors, the BMW Berlin Marathon is an incredibly popular event in a historic city with great culture, food and attractions. Starting and finishing at the city's famous Brandenburg Gate, you'll take in the city sights, including the Reichstag, Berliner Dom and the Berlin Cathedral.
This marathon boasts a fast course where runners' personal bests are regularly broken, along with the world record finish time achieved by Eliud Kipchoge in 2022. Can you set a personal best in 2023 or simply just enjoy the vibe and have fun along the streets of Berlin?
Every child needs a hero. By taking on this challenge, you'll be doing something extraordinary for seriously ill children and young people from across the UK.
How to secure your place
- Registration fee: £25 + accommodation costs. Use code NY50 for 50% off your registration fee!
- Minimum fundraising: £1,000 (excluding Gift Aid)
Please note: Our Charity places come as part of a two night accommodation package. Once you pay your registration fee you'll be sent a link to book and pay for your accommodation through our travel partner.
Accommodation and Travel Information
- Hotel: Mercure Hotel Berlin Tempelhof (4-star hotel)
- Duration: Two nights (additional nights available on request)
- Room Type: Double/Twin Share
- Room Costs: £215 per person (£430 room total) or £340 room total for a single room
- About the hotel:
- Central location
- 3 minutes' walk from Berlin Central Station (Hauptbahnhof)
- 20-minute walk to the finish area
- Breakfast included
- Support from Marathon Tours & Travel in Berlin
Travel: Please note, we encourage all runners to ensure your travel plans include time to visit the Expo on the Saturday of race weekend to collect your race kit.
Join using your own place
If you are lucky enough to have your own place through the 2023 BMW Berlin Marathon ballot, you can still join our team and help raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital. You'll get all of the same benefits and support, but won't have a minimum fundraising target to meet.
Join us and know that you're helping Great Ormond Street Hospital provide world-class care to its young patients and their families.
As part of Team GOSH, you'll receive:
- a complimentary running vest
- access to professional training plans
- a digital welcome pack full of fundraising tips, advice and material
- unlimited support from a dedicated Challenge Events team
- centrally located accommodation as part of your package
- access to our Strava club to stay motivated and connect with other runners
You may also like
Irish Life Dublin Marathon 2023
Take in the iconic sights of Dublin in this scenic marathon.
Oxford Half Marathon
Enjoy this fast and flat route complete with historic views.
Great South Run 2023
Be part of the largest 10 mile run in the world and make a huge difference.
TCS Amsterdam Marathon 2023
Take in the iconic sights of Amsterdam as you run the fast 26.2 mile course.