Race for the Kids 2023 - Terms and Conditions
RBC Race for the Kids/RBC Race for the Kids at Home/RBC Race for the Kids at School 2023 (the “Event”) Terms and Conditions.
Thank you for signing up to the Event. Please read our Terms & Conditions carefully and get in touch with the team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
By participating in the Event in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity (Registered charity no: 1160024) (“GOSH Charity”), you accept the following terms and conditions (“Terms & Conditions"):
- Children and guests participating in and attending this Event remain the responsibility of the primary carer at all times. Children under 16 years of age on the Event day must be registered, have parental consent to participate and be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Children between the age of 16 to under 18 years must register with permission of a parent or guardian. You understand that we will contact you via email prior to the Event with important information in relation to bringing a child to this Event. Please ensure you read this, and do not hesitate to contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 3841 3270 if you have any questions or concerns.
EVENT FEES /CANCELLATION
- An entry fee for all participants may be payable at the point of registration and, unless stated otherwise in these Terms & Conditions, is non-refundable.
- If the Event is delayed or cancelled due to any situation beyond our control, e.g. adverse weather conditions, we will try to arrange for the Event to take place at a later date, but cannot guarantee this will happen. No registration fees, if charged, are refundable under these circumstances.
HEALTH, FITNESS, AND SAFETY
- You are entering the Event of your own volition, and therefore confirm that your general state of health and fitness is good. Any injury sustained by you during the Event, which after investigation is deemed to be no fault of GOSH Charity, and/or Great Ormond Street Hospital, and/or Royal Bank of Canada, and/or and other Event partners, shall be your own responsibility.
- If you are entering into the RBC Race for the Kids at School 2023 event, you are responsible for ensuring the participants have a good general state of health and fitness, and any injury sustained by them during the Event, which after investigation is deemed to be no fault of GOSH Charity, and/or Great Ormond Street Hospital, and/or Royal Bank of Canada, and/or London Marathon Events and/or and other Event partners, shall be your own responsibility.
- Your safety, and that of everyone else at the Event, is of paramount importance to us. By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions you agree to adhere to any health & safety requirements put in place by GOSH Charity/ Royal Bank of Canada, and/or London Marathon Events and/or any other Event partners, on the Event day.
All funds raised for GOSH Charity through your fundraising must be forwarded to the Charity 60 days after the Event. You can pay by card, cash, cheque or online. Please make cheques payable to Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall attempt to limit or exclude any of the parties’ referred to in these Terms & Conditions, liability for fraud, death or personal injury which is caused by, or attributable to them.
- You accept that neither GOSH Charity and/or Royal Bank of Canada, and/or London Marathon Events and/or any other Event partners, are liable for your possessions during the Event.
PHOTOGRAPHS AND OTHER FORMS OF MEDIA AT THE RBC RACE FOR THE KIDS EVENT ONLY
- We hope to take some great pictures and films at this Event and have a professional photographer/videographer attending. Images (which include photographs or films) of you, your guests, or children under your care may be taken by the professional photographer/videographer with a view to being used to thank those involved in the Event and for future online or offline promotional activities by GOSH Charity. When you registered to participate in this Event you will have confirmed whether or not you were happy to be photographed/filmed and been provided with information about how these images may be used. For those who have provided consent to be photographed/filmed you will be identified by a camera logo which will appear on your race number. If you did not provide consent at registration you may be approached on the day by our photographer/videographer. It is also possible you may feature prominently in a photograph/film taken at the Event, and if this is the case we shall ask for your permission at the relevant time and prior to any use or publication of the image. If you have not given your consent, but do not feature in the foreground, please be aware we may still publish your image. If you do not want your image (or those of any of your guests or children under your care) taken, we also recommend that you inform the photographer/videographer on the day.
- In addition to our own photography, press are invited to the Event and may take their own photography, which will be published in their publications in line with their own processes. GOSH Charity has no control over external press publications.
DATA PROTECTION AND THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- You understand that Funraisin is an independent company to GOSH Charity. By creating your account with Funraisin, you will be agreeing to their terms and conditions which you can visit here.
- The address you provide will be where race packs are sent. When registering children the address used shall be the one you provide, and when registering other adults they will be given the choice to update the address to their own when they receive an email from Funraisin.
- Team Captain’s providing information about other team members must do so only with each team member’s explicit consent. Team Captains are able to view the name and email addresses of all team members.
- For Team Captains, please ensure that you have your other team members’ consent to provide GOSH Charity with their details. Please also be aware that, by completing registering team members, you are agreeing to the Terms & Conditions on behalf of everyone whose details you will be listing. All participants will be sent copies of these Terms & Conditions, and we recommend that you encourage your team to read these.
- You understand that Team Captains are able to view the name and email addresses of all team members. This information will continue to be available to Team Captains after the Event, should the Team Captain wish to re-start their team next year. In the event that the Team Captain chooses to re-start a team next year, all team members will receive an email inviting them to join again. There will be no obligation on the part of any team member to participate in any future events, and participants will only receive one email inviting them to re-join the team.
- Should you choose to connect your RBC Race for the Kids account with any third-party website and/or a device, you accept that you do so at your own risk, and GOSH Charity shall not be responsible for any data you provide them, or the terms and conditions you may be asked to accept.
- GOSH Charity will never sell or swap with other organisations for their marketing purposes. We will keep your details safe and private and you can change your communication preferences at any time by contacting us at 2nd Floor, 40 Bernard Street, London, WC1N 1LE, telephone 0203 841 3131 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- GOSH Charity will share information with our corporate partners where an employee of that corporate partner signs up to participate in the Event. This information will be restricted to the town of residence and will not involve any personal data unless otherwise specified in these Terms & Conditions.
- If you are a Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) employee we will share your name and event requirements with RBC directly, so that RBC can monitor Event participation for their staff and how much RBC employees are fundraising. If you have any questions about the data being shared, please email RBC at email@example.com.
- If you are a Premier Inn or Whitbread employee, we will share your name, email address and branch with Premier Inn directly so that Premier Inn can contact you about possible offers to support your participation in the Event. If you have any questions, or would prefer this information is not shared with Premier Inn, please do contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GOSH Charity reserves the right to make changes to these Terms & Conditions from time to time.
DISPUTES & CLAIMS
- These Terms & Conditions and any dispute or claim between the parties arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes of claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms & Conditions or their subject matter or formation.