TCS London Marathon fundraising ideas - Plan your fundraising
The money you raise when you run the TCS London Marathon for GOSH will go towards the development of new cancer care facilities at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
In the event that costs change, or the needs of the hospital or patients change, we reserve the right to redirect funds for use against the hospital’s most urgent needs.
Get started with our top fundraising tips and resources below, and keep an eye on your email for more advice and encouragement to help you smash your fundraising in the lead up to race day too.
What you need to know before you start
How much do I need to fundraise for the TCS London Marathon?
If you are successful in applying for a charity place with us, you’ll need to raise £2,000 (excluding gift aid) for the charity.
If you have a ballot place, you do not have a minimum fundraising target, we just ask you to raise as much as you can.
How do I set up an online fundraising page for the TCS London Marathon?
It only takes five minutes to set up your fundraising page. A fundraising page will maximise your donations.
- Go to Enthuse, the official fundraising platform for the TCS London Marathon, and create an account.
- Set your target. Don’t forget if you’re a charity place applicant, your minimum target is £2,000 (excluding gift aid).
- Upload a profile picture. You can change this later on when you receive your official GOSH 2023 TCS London Marathon running top.
- Write your story. Let your supporters know why you’re raising money for GOSH.
- Update everyone. You could raise even more for every update you post. From how you’ve got on in a training run to pictures from your bake sale, shout loud and proud about what you’re doing.
- Add money you raise offline. If you host an event, you may raise money through cash. Bank the cash directly into your account and make a direct donation to your page so it counts towards your target.
- Share your page!
How GOSH will support you with your London Marathon fundraising efforts
These downloadable resources will help you kickstart your fundraising, spread the word about the incredible challenge you’re taking on, and help you to keep track of your pledges.
If you would like to order a collection bucket or static collection tin, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
London Marathon fundraising ideas and guidance
Need some inspiration?
Here at GOSH Charity we’re dedicated to providing you with any fundraising support and guidance you need. Our A-Z will give you some ideas to get started, and our guidelines will help you to plan your events.
Join our Facebook community
We’ve created a special online space for you to meet your fellow runners, keep each other motivated, and share fundraising and training tips.
Need help with your London Marathon training?
Whether this is your first challenge or you’re an experienced runner, we’ve got training plans and tips to support you and keep you motivated.