The difference you've made
Since the opening of the Morgan Stanley Clinical Building, the first part of the Mittal Children’s Medical Centre, inpatient admissions to Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) have increased by around 15 per cent to 47,000.
Patient and family feedback
The families we surveyed have been resoundingly positive about the new facilities.
- Eighty nine per cent of patients in the Morgan Stanley Clinical Building feel that their ward is spacious compared with 21 per cent who are currently still experiencing the other wards.
- Ninety per cent of families in the Morgan Stanley Clinical Building say that there is an area for them to wait as a family, compared with only 32 per cent on the other wards.
- Eighty three per cent of patients in the Morgan Stanley Clinical Building feel that there is enough privacy on their ward compared with only 28 per cent on the other wards.
- Eighty seven per cent of children in the Morgan Stanley Clinical Building say that their bedside entertainment is good compared with only 50 per cent of children currently experiencing the current old wards.
- Eighty eight per cent of families in the Morgan Stanley Clinical Building say that there are plenty of toys and games in the playrooms compared with only 39 per cent on the old wards.
Lung function has improved so much over the years. The new space is great. Parent, Walrus Ward
It’s easier to move around the bed space and the environment feels more airy and more pleasant overall. Staff, Flamingo Ward
The general facilities are excellent and support children and their families. Parent, Koala Ward
The rooms and other facilities are so much better and you feel you’re better equipped. Staff, Eagle Ward
The staff room is nice, airy and light. Staff, Bear Ward
I’m extremely happy – for a long stay this is a welcoming and comfortable environment. Parent, Bear Ward
- Email us about the redevelopment
- Call 020 7239 3000