You must be based at a UK research institute or hospital in order to apply for a grant from the charity. Many of our funding calls are restricted to Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) and the UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health (ICH), so please be sure to check you eligibility beforehand. If you are unsure of your eligibility please contact email@example.com.
The charity has recently implemented a new grants management system which includes an online grant application portal. Applications for funding should be submitted through the online portal which can be accessed at grants.gosh.org.
There are currently no research funding calls open.
Applications for funding should be submitted through the online portal which can be accessed at grants.gosh.org. When applying for a grant please make sure that you read our Grant conditions and Intellectual property and revenue-sharing agreement.
Please make sure that all applicants and the involved institutions are able to agree to, accept and adhere to our Grant conditions before making your application.
Charity guiding principles for funding
The charity will fund activities that:
- have an impact on patient diagnosis, treatment or care, or improve outcomes for children
- improve the experience of patients and their families
- allow the hospital to act quickly and stay at the leading edge by supporting clinical excellence and innovation
- improve the hospital environment and allow the hospital to increase capacity and develop so that appropriate children can access hospital services and be helped in a timely manner.
The charity will not normally fund:
- services which should be met by core NHS, statutory or other sources of funding
- retrospective activities, ie work that has already taken place.
If you have any questions regarding our funding schemes, applying through our grants management system, the application process or the management of your award, please contact the Grants team at firstname.lastname@example.org.