Walkie Talkie Tower Climb terms and conditions
Thank you for signing up to the Walkie Talkie Tower Climb 2023. Please read our terms and conditions carefully and get in touch with the Tower Climb team at email@example.com if you have any questions.
By participating in the Walkie Talkie Tower Climb (the “Event”) in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity (Registered charity no. 1160024) (“GOSH Charity”) you are deemed to have agreed to the following Terms and Conditions:
- By providing your details we will contact you by email, SMS, telephone and mail about your fundraising and your participation in relation to the Event.
- An entry fee of £25 for all participants is payable at the point of registration and, unless stated otherwise in these Terms & Conditions, is non-refundable.
- If the Event is delayed or cancelled due to any situation beyond our control, e.g. adverse weather conditions, or unforeseeable circumstances we will try to arrange for the Event to take place at a later date, but cannot guarantee this will happen. No registration fees are refundable under these circumstances.
- If the Event is cancelled by GOSH Charity due to concerns, or due to restrictions being imposed by the Government, regarding Covid-19 or its variants, which would mean the Event is unable to take place as originally envisaged, we will try to arrange for the Event to take place at a later date, but cannot guarantee this will happen. If we are unable to rearrange another date there are two options available for you, which also apply if you are unable to attend the rearranged date:
1. Gift your registration fee – we would be incredibly grateful if you would consider your registration fee as a donation to GOSH Charity; or
2. Request a refund – if the above option does not work for you, we would offer the opportunity to request a refund of your registration fee.
- Children under the age of 16 years of age are not permitted to take part in this Event. Children between the age of 16 to under 18 years must register with permission of a parent or guardian.
- You are pledging to raise a minimum of £250 in sponsorship (excluding Gift Aid), to be received by GOSH Charity no later than six weeks after the Event has taken place.
- You accept that GOSH Charity, and/or Great Ormond Street Hospital, and/or 20 Fenchurch Street, and/or H Properties Ltd and/ or any other Event partners, are not liable for your possessions during the Event.
- Your safety, and that of everyone else at the Event, is of paramount importance to us. By agreeing to these Terms & Conditions you agree to adhere to any health & safety requirements put in place by GOSH Charity and/or that are imposed by the Government at the Event, which may change at short notice and may also result in us changing these Terms & Conditions.
- You are entering the Event of your own volition, and therefore confirm that your general state of health and fitness is good, and that you understand that any injury sustained by you during the Event, which after investigation is deemed to be no fault of GOSH Charity, and/or Great Ormond Street Hospital, and/or 20 Fenchurch Street, and/or H Properties Ltd. and/or any other Event partners, shall be your own responsibility. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall attempt to limit or exclude, any of the parties referred to in these Terms and Conditions, liability for fraud, death or personal injury which is caused by, or attributable to, them.
- If, on the date of the Event you are: displaying symptoms of Covid-19; and/or any other transmissible disease; and/or are in possession of a positive Covid-19 test or other test, which confirms you have another transmissible disease, you agree you will not attend the Event and to forfeit your registration fee.
- Photography and film: we hope to take some great pictures and footage at this Event and have a professional photographer/videographer attending. Pictures or film of you, your guests or children under your care may be taken by the professional photographer with a view to being used to thank those involved in the Event and for future online or offline promotional activities by GOSH Charity. If we wish to use these photographs/footage, and you feature prominently in the foreground, we shall ask you for your permission at the relevant time. If you do not feature in the foreground, we may not ask for permission prior to the photograph/footage being used. If you do not want your picture (or those of any of your guests or children under your care) taken, please inform the photographer/videographer on the day.
- Walkie Talkie Tower Climb is a one-off charity event and is therefore VAT exempt.
- GOSH Charity reserves the right to make changes to these Terms & Conditions where necessary from time to time.
- You understand that all information provided as part of the registration process is held by GOSH Charity for the purpose of administering your participation.
- We will always treat your personal details with the utmost care and will never sell or swap with other organisations for their marketing purposes. We will keep your details safe and private and you can change your communication preferences at any time by contacting us at 40 Bernard Street, London, WC1N 1LE, telephone 020 3841 3131 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You understand that JustGiving is an independent company to GOSH Charity. By creating your account with JustGiving, you will be agreeing to their terms and conditions which you can visit here: https://www.justgiving.com/info/terms-of-service.
- You understand that ActiveWorks is an independent company to GOSH Charity. By registering for the event, you will be agreeing to their terms and conditions.
- This Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim between the parties arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, or their subject matter or formation.