Race for the Kids 2022 - Terms and Conditions
By participating in RBC Race for the Kids (the “Event”) in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity (Registered charity no: 1160024) you are deemed to have agreed to the following Terms and Conditions:
- By providing your details we will contact you by email, SMS, telephone and mail about your fundraising and your participation in relation to the Event.
- An entry fee for all participants is payable at the point of registration and, unless stated otherwise in these Terms & Conditions, is non-refundable.
- If the Event is delayed or cancelled due to any situation beyond our control, e.g. adverse weather conditions, we will try to arrange for the Event to take place at a later date, but cannot guarantee this will happen. No registration fees are refundable under these circumstances.
- If the Event is cancelled by GOSH Charity due to concerns, or due to restrictions being imposed by the Government, regarding Covid-19 or its variants, which would mean the Event is unable to take place as originally envisaged, we will try to arrange for the Event to take place at a later date, but cannot guarantee this will happen. If we are unable to rearrange another date there are two options available for you:
1. Gift your registration fee – we would be incredibly grateful if you would consider your registration fee as a donation to GOSH Charity; or
2. Request a refund – if the above option does not work for you, we would offer the opportunity to request a refund of your registration fee.
If GOSH Charity are able to rearrange a date and you are unable to attend, the above two options are also available for you.
- If, on the date of the Event you are: displaying symptoms of Covid-19; and/or any other transmissible disease; and/or are in possession of a positive Covid-19 test or other test, which confirms you have another transmissible disease; and/or you are self-isolating/been asked to isolate by NHS Test and Trace, you agree you will not attend the Event and to gift your registration fee.
- Children and guests participating in and attending this Event remain the responsibility of the primary carer at all times.
- Children under 16 years of age on the Event day must be registered, have parental consent to participate and be accompanied by a parent or guardian. You understand that we will contact you via email prior to the Event with important information in relation to bringing a child to this Event. Please ensure you read this, and do not hesitate to contact us by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 3841 3270 if you have any questions or concerns.
- You accept that Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity, and/or Great Ormond Street Hospital, and/or The Royal Bank of Canada, and/or Limelight Sports and/or any other Event partners, are not liable for your possessions during the Event.
- You are entering the Event of your own volition, and therefore confirm that your general state of health and fitness is good. Any injury sustained by you during the Event, which after investigation is deemed to be no fault of Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity, and/or Great Ormond Street Hospital, and/or The Royal Bank of Canada, and/or Limelight Sports and/or and other Event partners, shall be your own responsibility. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall attempt to limit or exclude any of the parties’ referred to in these Terms and Conditions, liability for fraud, death or personal injury which is caused by, or attributable to them.
- In addition to our own photography, press are invited to the Event and may take their own photography, which will be published in their publications in line with their processes. Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity has no control over external press publications.
- The RBC Race for the Kids is a one-off charity event and is therefore VAT exempt.
- Team names and contact details of team participants will be retained and available to be used by the same team for the 2023 RBC Race for the Kids event, should the Team Captain choose to re-register next year.
- You understand that Team Captains are able to view the name and email addresses of all team members. This information will continue to be available to Team Captains after the Event, should the Team Captain wish to re-start their team next year. In the event that the Team Captain chooses to re-start a team next year, all team members will receive an email inviting them to join again. There will be no obligation on the part of any team member to participate in any future events, and participants will only receive one email inviting them to re-join the team.
- For Team Captains, please ensure that you have your other team members’ consent to provide Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity with their details. Please also be aware that, by completing registering team members, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions on behalf of everyone whose details you will be listing. All participants will be sent copies of these Terms and Conditions and we recommend that you encourage your team to read these.
- You understand that all information provided as part of the registration process is held by Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity for the purpose of administering your participation. You further understand that information provided about children under 16 years of age is done so with the explicit permission and knowledge of the child's parent/guardian regarding the collection of information.
- We will always treat your personal details with the utmost care and will never sell or swap with other organisations for their marketing purposes. We will keep your details safe and private and you can change your communication preferences at any time by contacting us at 40 Bernard Street, London, WC1N 1LE, telephone 0203 841 3131 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- You understand that JustGiving is an independent company to Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity. By creating your account with JustGiving, you will be agreeing to their terms and conditions.
- You understand that Njuko is an independent company to Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity. By registering for the event through Njuko, you will be agreeing to their terms and conditions.
- If you are a Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) employee we will share your name, RBC department and unit and event requirements with RBC directly, so that RBC can monitor event participation from their staff and how much RBC employees are fundraising. If you have any questions about the data being shared please email RBC at email@example.com
- If you are a Premier Inn or Whitbread employee, we will share your name, email address and branch with Premier Inn directly so that Premier Inn can contact you about possible offers to support your participation in RBC Race for the Kids. If you have any questions, or would prefer this information is not shared with Premier Inn, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim between the parties arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes of claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.