Geek out for GOSH
Geek out with us and take on a gaming challenge to raise money for seriously ill children from across the UK and their families at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH).
Right now, seriously ill children still need to come to GOSH for treatment every single day. But their parents are bringing them to the hospital under extraordinary circumstances. With infection control restrictions on parents staying with their children, worry around travelling safely to and from the hospital and being treated by staff in protected clothing, what is already a stressful time is even more challenging.
But you can help make their experience easier, by making your next game count more than ever.
How it works
- Choose your challenge - host a fundraising livestream, get sponsored to tackle a challenge run or build something amazing in a game. Do something you enjoy!
- Setup your fundraising page on Tiltify or JustGiving - it doesn't take long.
- Share your challenge - tell everyone what you're doing and when you're doing it, ready to ask for those all important donations. Using Twitter? Tag us in using @GeekOut4GOSH.
- Have fun!
Or you can use Just Giving:
Play Sea of Thieves? Make your next game really count.
Calling all charitable corsairs! Don't miss out on the chance to download your Sails of Hope from the Pirate Emporium, only available until 17 March 21. Take on a Sea of Thieves stream to show them off and make your next game count for seriously ill children being treated at GOSH and their families.
Get your hands on some goodies
Why your game counts
Supporting the seriously ill children at GOSH and their families has never been more important. You can help fund services like the hospital's incredible Play team, helping children and their families cope with separation because of Covid-19 restrictions, the hospital's Social Work Service and its multi-faith chaplaincy team who provide advice and support needed, and fund family accommodation close to GOSH so mums and dads can be near their children and by their side in minutes, day and night.
Top tips for a livestream success
If you're new to live streaming there's lots of things you can do to get your viewers donating - we love seeing how creative everyone gets!
- If you're using a Tiltify page, you can use the polls, incentives and rewards functionality.
- Set some donation milestones - eg. celebrating with a dance every time you raise £25 (or another amount!).
- Get the viewers involved - you could do a poll to get them to decide what you do next in the game or announce you'll do a forfeit if you raise a certain amount in a certain time.
- Call out and thank people that donate - they love the recognition.
Come and say hi!
The small print
Please read the GOSH Charity Fundraising FAQs as these will give you key information if, for example, you want to feature our logo on your livestream page.