Donating toys and games
The best gift you can give Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) is a donation. This extraordinary hospital has always depended on charitable support to give seriously ill children the best chance to fulfil their potential.
GOSH Charity raises money to support the hospital’s urgent needs and enable them to provide life-changing care for its young patients and their families by:
With Covid-19 infection control measures still in place at the hospital, we’re asking any supporters who would like to provide gifts for children to buy vouchers that the hospital’s expert Play team can use to purchase the items, toys and gifts that the children most need. These could include sensory items for children, items to help with their recovery, toys and games for younger children as well as gifts and toiletries for some of our older patients.
We accept gift vouchers from:
- The Entertainer
- Smyths Toy Shop
- Early Learning Centre
Donating toys or games
If you would prefer to donate a gift to the children at the hospital, please see below for a handy guide that the hospital’s Play team has put together. The list consists of toys, games and presents that the seriously ill children and young people cared for at GOSH always appreciate.
Due to Covid-19, there are increased infection control measures in place at the hospital, so please do not deliver any gifts in person to the hospital as they cannot be accepted.
Please post any vouchers or any gifts you would like to donate to the below address:
Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity
40 Bernard Street
You can reach GOSH Charity’s Gift in Kind team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 3841 3841.
Any gifts you donate will be distributed across the wards and different areas in the hospital, as and where they are most needed.
To maintain the highest safety standards, all donations that are received will go through a quarantine period of three days before they are distributed to the children across the wards.
Items that cannot be used by our patients may be used for fundraising or passed to another children’s hospital.
As a guide, please see below for the Play team’s wish list of toys and games that the children at GOSH make the most use of:
Take a look at the hospital’s helpful list of suggestions
What our kids love
- Board/card games e.g. Guess Who, Uno, Dobble, Connect 4, Frustration
- Jigsaw puzzles
- Arts and crafts kits e.g. paints, Play-Doh and stickers
- Toy cars and planes
- Construction toys like Lego and Playmobil
What our babies love
- Mobiles and musical mobiles
- Jigsaws and peg puzzles
- Toys to stimulate the senses
- Developmental toys e.g. stacking cups and blocks
- Musical toys, including rattles
What our teenagers love
- Nail art kits
- Stationery sets
- Jewellery making kits
- Toiletries including body spray, hair & body wash, bath bombs for boys and girls
- Duvet sets
- Colouring sets
What we can't use
- Any used or second-hand items, including toys, games and clothing
- Knitted clothes or toys or anything that has been made at home
- Over-sized soft toys
- Large mechanical or motorised toys
- Used magazines
- Don’t forget the age group you’re donating to is 0-18 years (teenagers are often forgotten)
- If you donate chocolate, make sure the ingredients are on the packet as we have to be careful with allergies
- Please do not wrap the gifts – due to infection control measures, we have to unwrap all gifts before giving them to the children
- Unfortunately, we are unable to pay for the cost of collecting your gifts or delivering them to the hospital