Take on the schools 1k Challenge and help raise vital funds for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity.
Sign up for our 1K Challenge and encourage your school to take on a physical challenge while fundraising.
Taking part is simple, just follow our four steps below to start planning your fundraising:
- Choose what you want to do - walk, run, swim, skate, or even challenge your class to complete 1000 star jumps. It’s up to you! 1k Challenge booklet
- Pick a date - you could do it as part of your school sports day or on any other date during the school year.
- Set up a JustGiving page for your school or use our sponsor forms for your pupils to collect sponsorship from their friends and family.
- Display your 1K challenge posters and invite everyone to come along and watch your challenge in action! 1k Challenge poster
How to make your schools 1K Challenge a huge success
Plan your way to success – enlist the help of teachers and pupils by allocating them specific roles before the event.
Get the word out – use posters to promote your challenge at school and consider contacting your local press to promote what you’re doing and why.
Hold a collection – ask parents and spectators to make a donation to watch the event.
Gift Aid it – Gift Aid is a great way to make every sponsor’s donation worth 25 per cent more and it won’t cost you a penny. Simply ask your sponsors to opt in on your Just Giving page or tick the box on your sponsor form.
Have fun – whatever you decide to do, make sure it’s fun to take part in!
Why we need your help
The money you raise will help us:
- build bigger and better wards
- buy lifesaving equipment
- find cures and treatments for children with a variety of illnesses
- support our patients and their families
To find out more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 3841 3131.