New Year Raffle 2022 Terms and Conditions
- The promoter of the New Year Megadraw Raffle 2022 (the “Raffle”) is Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity, registered charity number 1160024 and company number 09338724, whose registered address is 40 Bernard Street, London, WC1N 1LE (the “Charity”).
- Participation in the Raffle costs £1 per raffle ticket (“Ticket”).
- Tickets will be included in the New Year Megadraw Raffle mailing, and available on the gosh.raffleentry.org.uk website from 10 January 2022.
- Tickets will be limited to a maximum of 100 per person, and the number of Tickets available to purchase online in one go will be 20 per person.
- Additional Tickets, within the limitations detailed in clause 4 above, may be available on request by phoning 0330 002 0054 (lines open Monday-Friday, 08.30-16.30 (excluding public holidays in England and Wales). The number of additional Tickets sent out will be at the absolute discretion of the Charity.
- The Raffle is open to all residents of Great Britain (which comprises England, Scotland and Wales, and excludes Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man), who are aged 18 years or over. Employees of the Charity, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with the administration of the Raffle are excluded from this entering this Raffle.
- The Charity reserves the right to undertake age verification on any person participating in the Raffle.
- If a Ticket is unknowingly sold to, on behalf of, or for a person under the age of 18, or an individual is unable to successfully complete age verification checks, they will be exempt from the Raffle, will forfeit their prize, and the stake will be returned.
- The winner will be chosen by random draw from all of the entrants in the Raffle at the Charity’s External Lottery Manager in Chippenham, in a secure and open environment, on 25 March 2022.
- The Charity accepts no responsibility if the chosen method of payment is cancelled in error.
- The Charity accepts no responsibility for Tickets and/or payments which are lost, damaged, illegible or from which the prize-winner cannot be identified, or for any technical failure or event, beyond the Charity’s reasonable control, which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The Charity reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Closing date for the receipt of Tickets and Ticket payment is 18 March 2022. Tickets received after this date will not be entered in the Raffle, but the payment will be treated as a donation unless expressly stated otherwise by the sender.
- Payment for participation in the Raffle can be made by cheque, postal order, or cash. CAF and other charity vouchers cannot be accepted as payment for Tickets.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions upon entry. The Charity reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- All entries sent in response to the Raffle will be thanked in writing, either by letter or by email if entered online. We will also thank you for your donation unless you request otherwise.
- Your Tickets will be entered into the draw as soon as the whole payment is received.
- Monies raised by the Charity in the Raffle will support the work of Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust where the need is greatest.
- The Charity reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- All 43 winning Tickets will be drawn randomly:
• The first ticket number drawn will receive the first prize of £10,000.
• The second ticket number drawn will receive the second prize of £1,500.
• The third ticket number drawn will receive the third prize of £500.
• There will then be further draws for the remaining 40 runner-up prizes made up of 20 prizes of £50, and 20 Peter Rabbit soft toys that will be issued at random to successful ticket holders.
- The prizes are non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
- If Tickets are not used, they cannot be re-issued.
- The prizes are subject to change and availability. The prizes cannot be exchanged for the equivalent monetary value.
- The Charity reserves the right to replace the prizes with alternative prizes of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Charity’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Charity, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept liability for any loss or damage occurring as a result of taking up their prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Charity, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit or exclude the Charity’s liability for fraud, personal injury or death, which after investigation is found to have been howsoever caused by the Charity.
- The result of the Raffle is final. If you wish to make a complaint, the Charity operates a Complaints and Dispute Procedure, which is available here.
- Ticket holders will have the opportunity to enter the Fast Reply Draw and/or the Birthday Draw, and the following terms and conditions shall also apply.
Fast Reply Draw Terms and Conditions:
For those participants who enter the Fast Reply Draw, in addition to the above Raffle Terms and Conditions, the following will apply, and shall form part of the Terms and Conditions:
28. In the event of an inconsistency between the Raffle Terms and Conditions and the Fast Reply Draw Terms and Conditions, the Fast Reply Draw Terms and Conditions will prevail.
29. In order to be entered into the Fast Reply Draw you need to have responded to the main Raffle on or before 28 January 2022. Entries received after this date will not be entered into the Fast Reply Draw but will still be entered into the main Raffle.
30. There will be 20 winners of the Fast Reply Draw, each receiving a £25 Marks and Spencer gift voucher. There will only be one prize per person.
31. The winners will be chosen by random draw from all of the entrants in the Raffle at the Charity’s External Lottery Manager in Chippenham, in a secure and open environment, on 04 February 2022.
32. Fast Reply Draw winners will be notified by telephone or in writing, with prizes being sent out within 28 working days of the draw.
33. The result of the Fast Reply Draw is final. If you wish to make a complaint, the Charity do operate a Complaints and Dispute Procedure, which is available here.
34. Winners of the Fast Reply Draw shall continue to be entered into the main Raffle.
Birthday Draw Terms and Conditions:
For those participants who receive the Birthday Draw word search and who subsequently enter the Birthday Draw, in addition to the above Raffle Terms and Conditions, the following will apply, and shall form part of the Terms and Conditions:
35. In the event of an inconsistency between the Raffle Terms and Conditions and the Birthday Draw Terms and Conditions, the Birthday Draw Terms and Conditions will prevail.
36. In order to be entered into the Birthday Draw you need to have correctly answered the Birthday Draw word search (the “Word Search”) contained within your pack and returned the Word Search with any sold Tickets on or before 18 March 2022. Word Searches received after this date will not be entered into the Birthday Draw and Tickets received after this date will not be entered in the Raffle. Payment will, instead, be treated as a donation unless expressly stated otherwise by the sender.
37. There will be 20 winners of the Birthday Draw, each receiving a £25 Marks and Spencer gift voucher. There will only be one prize per person.
38. The winner will be chosen by random draw from all of the entrants in the Raffle at the Charity’s External Lottery Manager in Chippenham, in a secure and open environment, on 25 March 2022
39. Birthday Draw winners will be notified by telephone or in writing, with prizes being sent out within 28 working days of the draw.
40. The result of the Birthday Draw is final. If you wish to make a complaint, the Charity do operate a Complaints and Dispute Procedure, which is available here.
41. Winners of the Birthday Draw shall continue to be entered into the main Raffle.
42. Winners will be notified directly by the Charity by telephone or in writing.
43. Winners of financial prizes will be notified no later than 28 calendar days after the draw. Payment will be made by cheque, subject to clauses 46 and 47 below. Payment may be subject to delays dependent on any restrictions or Government guidelines on office working in force at the time of the Draw and following the Covid-19 pandemic. Winners will be kept apprised of the situation.
44. Winners of non-financial prizes will be sent their prize in the post following successful age verification and confirmation of a residential postal address in Great Britain, which includes a valid postcode (“Valid Postal Address”). Prizes will be posted to winners as soon as practicably possible but may be subject to delays dependent on any restrictions or Government guidelines on office working in force at the time of the Draw and following the Covid-19 pandemic. Winners will be kept apprised of the delivery expectations. The Charity accepts no responsibility for the prize being lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
45. A list of all winners initials, surnames and county from the Raffle, Fast Reply Draw, and Birthday Draw will appear on the Charity website from 30 March 2022 and will be available on request after this date by phoning 0203 841 3131 (lines open Monday-Friday, 09.00am – 17.00).
46. Winners may be required to provide proof of age. If satisfactory evidence is requested but not provided within three months of the request for proof of age, then the prize will be forfeited and the Charity will be entitled to select another winner.
47. Winners will have up to three months following notification of their win to claim their prize and the Charity will make all reasonable attempts to contact prize winners during this time. In the event that winners cannot be contacted within the three months the Charity will distribute the prize money appropriately.
48. The winners may be asked to participate in publicity related to the Raffle (over and above what is outline in clause 48 above), which may include the publication of their name and/or photograph in any media. Winners have the right to choose not to participate in publicity.
49. These Terms and Conditions (inclusive of the Fast Reply Draw and Birthday Draw Terms and Conditions) and any dispute or claim between the parties arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions
In line with the Gambling Act 2005 objectives, Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity are committed to promoting open and responsible gambling. Our lotteries aim to:
- encourage fair and open play;
- keep crime out of gambling;
- protect the young and the vulnerable.
Below we have outlined our procedures in ensuring responsible gambling:
Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity limits the sale of raffle tickets as follows:
- Limit the number of mailed tickets sent to previous raffle players to a maximum of four books (£40 value);
- Limit the number of mailed tickets sent to people who have not previously played the raffle to a maximum of two books (£20 value);
- Limit the number of tickets available to purchase online in one go to £20;
- Limit the maximum number of tickets that can be sent to one person, for one raffle, to 100.
Under Age Gambling:
Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity carries out a number of checks to ensure participants are not under the age of 18 years, and actively take steps to ensure that our lotteries do not attract young people. Our checks include:
- We reserve the right to ask for proof of age from any player, and players' accounts may be suspended until satisfactory proof of age is provided;
- We will only accept valid, legible, photographic ID. If for whatever reason, upon winning any individual is unable to prove that they are 18 years or over then any winnings will be forfeited, and any stakes paid will be returned;
- Our media agency screens supporter data to ensure we do not send raffles to anyone under the age of 18 years.
While most people gamble within their means, we recognise gambling can be a problem for some.
If you are worried about your gambling or that of someone close to you, Gambleaware can provide support and information. You can contact Gambleaware via the website, begambleaware.org or by calling 0808 8020 133.
To support problem gamblers, we operate a self-exclusion policy, which means you will not receive any information about our raffles. To be added to our self-exclusion programme please contact our Supporter Care Team by phone on 0203 841 3131 (lines open Monday-Friday, 9.00am -5.00pm) or by e-mail at email@example.com.
You can also exclude yourself from future Great Ormond Street Children’s Charity raffle and lotteries by writing to us at GOSH Charity, 40 Bernard Street, London WC1N 1LE. We will take all reasonable steps to prevent any marketing material relating to our raffles being sent to any self-excluded customer and maintain a register of self-excluded persons.
For more information on responsible gambling, please clickhere.
We (Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity and its trading subsidiary Great Ormond Street International Promotions Limited) will always treat your personal details with the utmost care and will never sell or swap with other organisations for theirmarketing purposes. We will keep your data safe and private, holding the information you provide for communication, marketing, analysis and administrative purposes.
We will send you postal information based on our legitimate interest to communicate with you, but rest assured you can stop receiving this, or change any of your preferences at any time by contacting us on 0203 841 3131 or at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to 40 Bernard Street, London WC1N 1LE. For full details of what information we hold and how we process your data, please visit gosh.org/privacy.
- Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity New Year Raffle 2022 is registered with the Gambling Commission under the 2005 Gambling Act. Responsible persons: Mrs Claire Robson.
- Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity is licenced by the Gambling Commission:
- Non-remote License: 000-028699-N-310052-007;
- Remote Licence: 000-028699-A-314742-005.
3. Printing of the raffle and response handling activities are being managed by Woods Group, 000-003586-R-314029-003 & 000-003586-N-103664-001 on behalf of Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity.
4. Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity operates a Complaints and Dispute Procedure. If you wish to make a complaint, you can click here, or contact us on the below details:
Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity
40 Bernard Street
Tel: 0203 841 3131
5. Between 1st April 2020 and 31 March 2021, Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity drew two lotteries. Information on the proceeds for each lottery is detailed below:
|Lottery Draw Date||Percentage of Proceeds spent on Prizes||Percentage of Proceeds on Expenses promoting and running Lottery||Percentage of Proceeds raised that supported the Charity’s work||Total proceeds from all ticket sales|
|27 November 2020||3.5%||17.6%||78.9%||£242,113.00|
|26 March 2021||5.9%||19.1%||75.1%||£229,816.00|
6. Based on the New Year Megadraw Raffle 2020, drawn on 27 November 2020, Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity estimate the likelihood of winning a prize to be on average1 in 871 for each ticket purchased.
7. Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity is a registered trademark. Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity is a registered charity, charity number 1160024.
8. We do not refund Ticket purchases except under the self-exclusion scheme for people vulnerable to gambling addiction and/or under point (9) of the Raffle Rules above.
9. We, in common with all registered charities, are constrained by charity law, which means that we are only able to refund a donation in limited and prescribed circumstances. If you believe that a donation you have made should be refunded, please email us at email@example.com give us a call on 0203 841 3131 and we will be happy to discuss this with you.
10. We truly appreciate your donations and support and recognise that there may be an occasion when you need to speak to one of our Supporter Care Team to discuss your donation. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0203 841 3131.
11. We accept the below methods of payment: