Celebrating your wedding
Donations in lieu of gifts
Ask your guests to make a donation to Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity instead of buying you both a wedding gift. Set up a JustGiving page and make it even easier for your friends and family to donate.
If you’d like to support us through your wedding favours you can purchase our pin badges and seed sticks for a suggested donation of £2 each. Each favour contains a thank-you message for your guests letting them know a donation has been made on their behalf. Unfortunately, our wedding favours are not available to buy at the moment due to a change in suppliers. They will be available to purchase again in the Spring so please do come back then. So sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Fundraising on your day
Looking for fundraising inspiration for your special day? Why not try one of our great ideas below:
- Hold a wedding sweepstake. Ask people to bet on how long the best man’s speech will be.
- Have a karaoke competition. Ask each participant to donate £1 to enter. The bride and groom get to pick their winner!
- Play some classic games such as Heads and Tails and ask your MC or Toastmaster to host the game.
How your wedding donations could help
- £44 could help pay for a night’s stay in our family accommodation so parents can stay close by while their child is in hospital.
- £25 could buy a bottle of nutrients that help cells grow.
- £80 is enough to cover the costs of one flowmeter – a gadget that ensures children are getting just the right amount of oxygen while they recover.
- Just £2 could buy a box of glass microscope slides, which allow our researchers to examine life-threatening illnesses and hunt for clues to beat disease.
Send us an email or give us a call on 020 3841 3131.
Unfortunately, our wedding favours are not available to buy at the moment due to a change in suppliers. They will be available to purchase again in the Spring so please do come back then. So sorry for any inconvenience caused.