London to Paris Cycle 2022 - Bespoke ride
20 Jul 2022 to 24 Jul 2022
Fundraising total: £1,600
Registration fee: £130 - use code LASTCHANCE50 for 50% off reg fee - limited time only!
Distance: 300 miles
This is the ultimate cycling adventure - the London to Paris challenge. Four days of cycling, covering a total of 300 miles, with a final day relaxing in Paris, soaking up the atmosphere of the last stage of the Tour de France.
Our four-day challenge covers 300 miles of beautiful countryside, through the picturesque hills of Kent and the stunning villages of northern France. Starting in Chessington, Greater London, the route weaves its way out to the coast along country roads, passing through picturesque market towns and the rolling Surrey Hills. Once across the channel, immerse yourself in the French countryside with peaceful hamlets and wooded valleys paving the way.
On day four, the finish line awaits in the shape of the iconic Eiffel Tower...what better way to finish such an incredible challenge! You are free to enjoy the sights of Paris on the Sunday and soak up the spectacular atmosphere of the Tour de France before returning home on the Eurostar.
Registration: £130 - use code LASTCHANCE50 for 50% off reg fee - limited time only!
Minimum fundraising: £1,600
There are two ways of funding your place on this trip. For both options, the event organisers require a non-refundable registration fee of £130.
Option 1 - Sponsorship
- You commit to raising a minimum sponsorship of £1,600 per person
- £1,200 of this amount must be received by the charity by 22 April 2022 towards your trip costs
- The rest of your sponsorship must be sent in no later than 6 weeks after your return.
Option 2 - Self funder
- You may prefer to cover all of the trip costs yourself. To do this, please contact the Challenges Team on 0203 841 3164 by 22 April 2022 to make a payment of £1024, from which we pay the balance of your trip costs.
- Choosing this option means you pledge to raise a minimum sponsorship of £576 and will aim to send in as much as possible to us before the trip and no later than 6 weeks after your return.
You'll receive fundraising advice, training tips and unlimited support from our Challenge Events team, as well as:
- Ferry and Eurostar transport
- Hotel accommodation (twin share)
- All food (exclusions detailed in itinerary)
- Highly qualified, experienced leaders and mechanics
- Full vehicle support
- Celebration meal in Paris
- Bike transport to St Pancras at the end of the trip
- Maps, GPX files and route information
- Marked route
- GOSH cycling jersey
Itinerary and Route
Looking for different dates or route?
London to Paris Cycle for Children's Hospitals- 8 to 12 Jun 2022
London to Calais- Calais to Arrass- Arras to Compiègne- Compiègne to Paris
We've teamed up with 6 other children's hospital charities for a truly unforgettable experience - make friends for life, push yourself beyond your limits, and make memories you’ll cherish for a lifetime!
As the amount that Great Ormond Street International Promotions Limited (GOSIPL – a wholly owned subsidiary of the charity) pays to Discover Adventure for your package exceeds £500, you will be considered a ‘professional fundraiser’ as defined by the Charities Act 1992. This means that you must give the following statement when you are obtaining sponsorship:
“I am participating in a cycle ride to raise funds for the benefit of Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity. I have guaranteed to raise at least £1,600 for the charity, of which approximately 60 per cent will be used to pay for the costs of my travel and accommodation.”
If you'd like more information about being a professional fundraiser, please email our Supporter Care team email@example.com
Email the Challenge events team or call 020 3841 3164.
You may also like
Ride London 100
The world’s greatest festival of cycling. Register your interest for 2023 (event date to be confirmed)
London to Paris Cycle Cross Charity
Be part of something big. Ride with us & 6 other children’s hospital charities, from London to Paris