Isle of Wight Challenge 2021
10 Jul 2021 to 11 Jul 2021
Isle of Wight
This event has been rescheduled for the weekend of the 10-11 July 2021.
As the Isle of Wight Challenge was due to take place on 17 May, before the planned easing of restrictions, the event organiser - Action Challenge- have confirmed a new date for the challenge on the weekend 10-11 July 2021. The full announcement and further details can be read here. We will be in touch with any supporters who are affected by this to explain their options.
Along with a new date, Action Challenge have also confirmed a new revised route for the challenge and some other key changes to the event format:
- NEW MAIN START & FINISH – we now have a major ‘base-camp’ set up near Cowes at the Isle of Wight County Showground, closer to the key ferry terminals and so making it easier to get to / from. We’ll also be putting on regular shuttles.
- ACCOMMODATION - Cowes has many more accommodation options compared to the Chale area, and with the new start venue, accommodation in the Southampton area is also a viable option. We’ll also have extensive CAMPING available at the new Cowes base-camp – with packages for the Friday through to the Sunday.
- ‘FLIPPED’ ROUTE – Our route (still 106 km for the ‘Full’) now heads anticlockwise around the Island from the main Cowes start.
- MORE TIME – our main campsite at the Isle of Wight Showground will be open on the Friday afternoon from 2 pm, and we’ve extended the options with a Sunday evening camp.
- A NEW & EXTRA 50 KM ROUTE – a new option that takes in all of the stunning Southern Coastline on the Saturday - it’s called ‘The Southern 50’ – and will be fantastic!
- CHANGED QUARTER CHALLENGES – Our new route is ‘flipped – so the quarters are numbered differently – and we are only offering the 1st & 2nd. Fundraisers booked onto one of the existing ‘quarters’ will have to amend their booking.
- MORE TRANSPORT OPTIONS – We’ve built up a host of new optional extras and transport services for those who need it, to make joining and leaving their chosen challenge easier than ever.
About the event
Great challenges need great settings - walk, jog or run the Island’s stunning Coastal Path on the first instalment of the Ultra Challenge Series. Join 2,000 others of all ages and experience levels for an unforgettable challenge. It will be rewarding, fun, and absolutely achievable with your resolve and determination alongside first class support.
Push yourself further - 106km Full Island Challenge, with Half & Quarter options also available.
You’ll get full support and hospitality all the way, leaving you to focus on your challenge!
Choose your fundraising option:
Pay a small registration fee and do lots of fundraising!
GOSH CHARITY DISCOUNT (Spring deal) – sign up for a charity funding place for only £5 using discount code GOSH2021 until 30 April 2021
Full Challenge - £15 reg fee + £595 in fundraising
Half Challenge - £10 reg fee + £395 in fundraising
Quarter Challenge - £5 reg fee + £245 in fundraising
Pay a higher contribution to the cost of your place and fundraise to a more achievable target
GOSH CHARITY DISCOUNT (Spring deal) – sign up for a mixed funding place and get 5% discount using discount code GOSH2021 until 30 April 2021
Full Challenge - £99 reg fee + £299 in fundraising
Half Challenge - £64.50 reg fee + £199 in fundraising
Quarter Challenge - £39.50 reg fee + £119 in fundraising
Why join Team GOSH?
As part of our team you'll receive one of our charity T-shirts, training tips, fundraising advice and unlimited support from our Challenge Events team, plus:
- Rest stops - free food & drink
- ALL meals/food included!
- Medics, massage, and pace walkers
- Medal, T shirt, glass of bubbly!
- Opportunity to walk, jog or run your chosen distance - set a new goal!
- You can join as Individual or Team
- 106km Full Island Challenge with half or quarter challenge options
- Half or 1/4 Challenge options
- Walk at Your Pace - 24 hours+
- 2 Day Full 'Daylight' option
- Camping options available
- Pre-event training support + app
- It's Your Challenge - Your Way!
Find out more about the route, support, and hospitality at www.ultrachallenge.com/isle-of-wight-challenge