The Jurassic Coast Challenge 2021
22 May 2021 to 23 May 2021
Your Challenge, Trek
This challenge has been moved one week later to the 22-23 May 2021, so it falls after the 17 May date for the planned easing of restrictions.
The full announcement and further details can be read here. We will be in touch with any supporters who are affected by this to explain their options. Alongside the new date for the challenge, there are a number of important event format changes, including:
- NEW MAIN START – due to limitations on passenger numbers on the Poole Harbour Ferry, the location of the start line in Poole Harbour, we will now have a major ‘base-camp’ set up at Corfe Castle, which is also the 25km quarter challenge finish line. We will put on regular shuttles from Poole to Corfe Castle, enabling participants to arrive at the start line on Saturday Morning, and to leave from here back to Poole after their 25km challenge.
- ACCOMMODATION - We’ll offer extensive CAMPING at this expanded site in Corfe Castle for participants who would like to spend the Friday night here before starting their challenge.
- CHANGED 1st QUARTER CHALLENGE – The 1st Quarter challenge will change to a looped route that starts & finishes at Corfe Castle, while the longer routes that start here will take in the 25km loop, before continuing along the existing route from Corfe Castle to Lulworth.
- MORE TRANSPORT OPTIONS – We’ve built up a host of new optional extras and transport services for those who need it, to make joining and leaving their chosen challenge easier than ever.
About the event
The Challenge begins with the new start venue Corfe Castle, before heading along the spectacular Jurassic Coast - a World Heritage Site since 2001. Through Lulworth Cove and past Durdle Door, it's up and down all the way to the Weymouth halfway point. From there, head past Portland Bill, beyond nature reserves and onto the western end of the unique Chesil Beach to West Bay's famous cliffs (of TV's Broadchurch fame). You'll cross then cross the finish line for a celebration in the vibrant town of Bridport.
You'll get full support and great hospitality all the way - leaving you to focus on this epic Challenge!
- The full 100km challenge – Corfe Castle to Bridport
- First half challenge – 58km Corfe Castle to Weymouth
- Second half challenge – 42km Weymouth to Bridport
- First quarter challenge – 25k Corfe Castle to Church Knowle
- Second quarter challenge – 33k Corfe Castle to Weymouth
Choose your fundraising option:
Pay a small registration fee and do lots of fundraising!
GOSH CHARITY DISCOUNT (Spring deal)- sign up for a charity funding place for only £5 using discount code GOSH2021 until 31 May 2021
- Full Challenge - £15 reg fee + £595 in fundraising
- Half Challenge - £10 reg fee + £395 in fundraising
- Quarter Challenge - £5 reg fee + £245 in fundraising
Pay a higher contribution to the cost of your place and fundraise to a more achievable target
GOSH CHARITY DISCOUNT (Spring deal)- sign up for a mixed funding place and get a 5% discount using discount code GOSH2021 until 31 May 2021
- Full Challenge - £99 reg fee + £299 in fundraising
- Half Challenge - £64.50 reg fee + £199 in fundraising
- Quarter Challenge - £39.50 reg fee + £119 in fundraising
Why join Team GOSH?
As part of our team you'll receive one of our charity T-shirts, training tips, fundraising advice and unlimited support from our Challenge Events team, as well as:
- Rest stops - free food & drink
- ALL meals/food included!
- Medics, massage, and pace walkers
- Medal, T shirt, glass of bubbly!
- Opportunity to walk, jog or run your chosen distance - set a new goal!
- You can join as Individual or Team
- 100km Full Challenge with half or quarter challenge options
- Walk at Your Pace - 24 hours+
- 2 Day Full 'Daylight' option
- Camping options available
- Pre-event training support + app
- It's Your Challenge - Your Way!
Find out more about the route, support, and hospitality at www.jurassiccoastchallenge.com