Peter Pan in Scarlet
In 2006, Peter Pan in Scarlet by Geraldine McCaughrean was published after Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity launched the search for a sequel to JM Barrie's timeless classic, Peter Pan.
Peter Pan in Scarlet facts
Publishers and literary agents worldwide were invited to put forward the names of up to two authors to be considered for the project.
Geraldine McCaughrean was the author chosen from a field of nearly 200 entries from around the world. It is published by Oxford University Press in the UK and McElderry Books (Simon & Schuster) in the US. It has been published in 40 editions worldwide and translated in 37 languages – to date.
A fully illustrated edition, abridged for younger children, was published in October 2008 by Oxford University Press with stunning artwork by David Wyatt.
The story of Peter Pan in Scarlet
Set in the 1920s, the new story of Peter Pan in Scarlet offers readers high adventure, dramatic tension and all the swashbuckling, danger and derring-do they can handle.
Neverland is calling again… Something is wrong in Neverland. Dreams are leaking out – strangely real dreams of pirates and mermaids, of warpaint and crocodiles.
For Wendy and the Lost Boys it is a clear signal – Peter Pan needs their help, and so it is time to do the unthinkable and fly to Neverland again.
But back in Neverland, everything has changed and the dangers they find there are far beyond their dreams...
International editions of Peter Pan in Scarlet
- Arabic - Arab Scientific Publishing
- Basque - Zubia/Grupo Santillana
- Bulgarian - Adelphi
- Castilian - Alfaguara/Grupo Santillana
- Catalan - Grup Editorial 62
- Chinese (complex) - Muses
- Chinese (simplified) - Juvenile & Children's Publishing House
- Croatian - Magma
- Czech - Computer Press
- Danish - Sesam Egmont
- English (UK) - Oxford University Press
- English (Australia) - Oxford University Press
- English (Canada) - Oxford University Press
- English (US) - Margaret McElderry/Simon & Schuster
- Estonian - Varrak
- Finnish - WSOY
- French - Editions Pocket
- Galician - Santillana
- German - Random House/Bertelsmann
- Greek - Ellinika Grammata
- Hebrew - Kinneret-Zmora
- Hungarian - Cicero
- Indonesian - Serambi Ilmu Semeste
- Italian - Mondadori
- Japanese - Shogakukan
- Korean - Gimm & Young
- Latvian - Zvaigzne
- Macedonian - Detska radost
- Norwegian - Damm Egmont
- Polish - ZNAK
- Portuguese (Portugal) - Presença
- Portuguese (Brazil ) - Moderna
- Romanian - RAO
- Russian - Exmo
- Serbian - Laguna
- Singhalese - Samauawardjana
- Slovene - Mladinska
- Spanish - Santillana
- Swedish - Damm
- Thai - Amarin
- Turkish - Kultur Yayinlari
- Ukrainian - Navchalna Kniga
- Vietnamese - Nha Nam Publishing