From 19 July, government guidelines in England relating to the pandemic are changing and this includes removing the requirement for face masks and social distancing. The health and safety of our supporters and fundraisers is our top priority, and we thought carefully about how we can make our door to door fundraising activity as safe as possible for everyone involved.
As restrictions ease, we have chosen to keep our requirement for our door-to-door fundraisers to follow social distancing of 2m, to continue to wear face coverings, and to maintain high standards of hygiene including using hand sanitiser regularly. We will continue to monitor the situation, adapting or stopping activity if necessary.
We have taken the following steps to ensure our fundraising activity is being conducted as safely as possible:
- All fundraisers will be adhering to social distancing guidelines of 2m at all times
- Only one fundraiser will approach a door at any time
- In line with government guidance, all fundraisers will be wearing a face covering and/or face shield and will be carrying hand sanitiser
- Where possible, contactless payments will be offered, using QR codes or via SMS
- All fundraisers will have focused training on hygiene and hand sanitisation
- To help minimise contact, there will be a vast reduction of leaflets or other printed materials given to supporters.
- All fundraisers will complete daily health checks
- Fundraisers will only be approaching standalone houses and not homes where social distancing could be more difficult.
Door-to-door fundraising is a very important and highly effective part of our fundraising programme. It enables fundraisers to engage with members of the public to raise awareness of the work we do, as well as find new supporters, whose regular donations have been vital in supporting the hospital’s life-changing work. We are thrilled to be working in local communities to raise vital funds for the hospital, to make a difference to the lives of seriously ill children from across the UK. From the 19 July, we will also be launching a new product as part of our face-to-face fundraising offering; the GOSH Charity Weekly Lottery.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to get in contact with our Supporter Care team on 020 3841 3131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
GOSH - Monthly Plan - June 2021 (.pdf) (686.2 KB)
GOSH - Monthly Plan - July 2021 (.pdf) (802.6 KB)