We paused all of our face-to-face fundraising activity with immediate effect on 24 December 2020 in light of the England-wide lockdown.
Following on from the recent Government announcement on the next phase of easing lockdown restrictions across England, we are pleased to update that we will be resuming some of our face-to-face fundraising activity, including our door-to-door fundraising from 12 April.
The health and safety of our supporters and fundraisers is our top priority, and we thought carefully about how we can make this activity as safe as possible for everyone involved. We are following both the Government and sector guidance closely, and our door-to-door fundraising activity will be adhering to all guidelines around social distancing, gatherings and face coverings.
Door-to-door fundraising is a very important and highly effective part of our fundraising programme. It enables fundraisers to engage with members of the public to raise awareness of the work we do, as well as find new supporters, whose regular donations have been vital in supporting the hospital’s life-changing work. We are thrilled to be able to be back in local communities to raise vital funds for the hospital, to make a difference to the lives of seriously ill children from across the UK.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation, adapting or stopping activity if necessary.
We have taken the following steps to ensure our fundraising activity is being conducted as safely as possible:
- All fundraisers will be adhering to social distancing guidelines of 2m at all times
- Only one fundraiser will approach a door at any time
- In line with government guidance, all fundraisers will be wearing a face covering and/or face shield and will be carrying hand sanitiser
- Where possible, contactless payments will be offered, using QR codes or via SMS
- All fundraisers will have focused training on hygiene and hand sanitisation
- To help minimise contact, there will be a vast reduction of leaflets or other printed materials given to supporters.
- All fundraisers will complete daily health checks
- Fundraisers will only be approaching standalone houses and not homes where social distancing could be more difficult.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to get in contact with our Supporter Care team on 020 3841 3131 or email email@example.com
GOSH - Monthly Plan - April 2021 (.pdf) (615.3 KB)
GOSH - Monthly Plan - May 2021 (.pdf) (572.6 KB)